Sunday, August 2, 2009

There is no better way to eat than with the company of my pals.Two of my friends came over for dinner Saturday night.

A walk outside to my garden gives me the same warm rush as a thoughtful gift. Sustainable and organic, this easy to maintain pleasure embodies the "eating green" ethos. My tomatoes have a fresh-picked taste. Admittedly, it also feels good to know that while growing my own, there hasn't been people palming the food. I want my cellulose intact!

Bundles of herbs are easy to grow, these ingredients I wouldn't typically pick up at the local grocery store myself, though, the selection of herbs I buy to grow have expanded my gastronomic repertoire and inspire creativity in the kitchen.

Tonight, we are having a caprese salad with tomatoes (mine), basil (mine), pine nuts (not mine), and buffalo mozzarella (give me a break). Then for the main course a pesto whole wheat pasta.

The price to grow a garden is reasonable, you're paying for the cost of convenience. I will continue to spoil myself and friends with this supreme freshness of produce and the enjoyment in maintaining it.

No comments: