Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vote.



Another American told me I could go down to the embassy and vote early. She voted at the American Embassy in Hungary without any problems.

So I went down to the American Embassy in Berlin to get it out of the way. I spoke with a stoic German guard who thought it was funny that I wanted to vote so soon. At first, I thought he was lecturing me by his expression and the tone of his voice. I was keyed in he was joking around when he said he wanted to help me vote for Obama. After telling him I was registered in California he said I shouldn´t worry about voting that there are enough Democratic votes and my vote really didn't matter. This conversation lasted for five minutes before he told me that I couldn't vote at the embassy. Who says Germans don't have a sense of humor?

I will try the American Embassy in Holland.

No comments: